Lieutenant William VanInwegen – Investigations and Special Services 845-858-4019
Det. Peter Washalski- Juvenile Detective 845-858-4073
Det. Michael Decker 845-858-4071
Det. Daniel Mioglionico 845-858-4084
Main Telephone line and Confidential TIPS Line: 845-858-4003
The Detective Division serves as the investigative arm for the department. Members assigned to this function have been promoted from the Patrol Division, work in plainclothes and perform the following functions:
- Conduct follow-up felony investigations initiated by the Patrol Division, as well as certain misdemeanors as deemed appropriate.
- Assist in primary investigations when requested.
- Investigate Narcotics Offenses
- Clear crimes through arrest and recovery of stolen property, executes search warrants and apprehends fugitives.
- Act as a liaison with representatives from federal, state, county and other municipal agencies in the Tri-State area, and exchanges information concerning known criminals and criminal activity.
- Coordinate information with prosecuting agencies during investigations for upcoming court cases.
- Crime prevention and outreach
- Property and Evidence Storage
- Records management
- Records Requests, Freedom of Information
Detectives received additional training in many specialized areas, including but not limited to:
- Narcotics Investigation
- Interview & Interrogation
- Asset Forfeiture
- Auto Theft
- Sexual Assault Investigation
- Crime Scene & Evidence Processing
- Homicide Investigation
- Death Investigation
- Juvenile Law & Procedure
- Arson Investigation
- Firearms & Ballistics
- Public Information
- Criminal Intelligence-Terrorism Prevention